terça-feira, 19 de julho de 2011

You're not there

When the sounds of a busy day have left
And silence invites uneasy thoughts
Fears become bigger than they really are
Dreams become bigger than they should be
That's when I need you the most
But you're not there

Every time I stop and forget about this madness
I look everywhere for something that makes sense
Words become useless and music becomes noise
Every good memory feels like it never happened
In the hour of my deepest need
You're not there

They say stop whining and follow the path
Take a look at what is already in front of you
Are you sure you're the one who's being hurt?
Was I fool enough to look the other way
When you were there?

Were you ever there?
If so why do I feel there were always someone
showing up between us whenever I thought it was you?
Did I take too long to let you know
How much in love a man can be?
And when I didn't, why did you act like you didn't care?

Sometimes I dream about you coming along the way
I swear I can feel how warm your hand is
But there is never time for a kiss
And there is no way of going back there
And then, when I need a reason for not giving up
You're not there

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário